About Me

My Photo
hello! i am a graphic designer / illustrator.
hire me so i can buy food for my cat :D
for anything else email me at raeesa.sya(at)gmail(dot)com

Thursday, April 19, 2012

30 Day Challenge : Day 2

Day 2: where you'd like to be in 10 years



A decade ago i was 13, first year of high school, got into music and everything else was history. Of course, a lot had changed since then. I wanted to be a lawyer at 17 but got into street art and studied graphic design instead. After graduation i worked in a social media company doing internet based stuff and now i'm jobless (by choice) so... i'm not where i thought i'd be 10 years ago.

At 33 i hope to be successful, healthy and a mom. I can't share with you my dreams because it'll be embarrassing if i don't make it happen. I do know i should at least be able to say that by that age, i would have traveled to most part of the world and did all the things that i've wanted to do. Mostly those dangerous adventure risky stuff that young people like me can still afford to take.

Some of the places i'd like to vist by 33


Preachers Rock, Preikestolen, Norway


Mount Roraima - Venezuela.


New york city

I'd like to be able to say that i've spent my youthful years doing something interesting. I do not wish to sit in a 9-5 job working for some company slaving my self like a myanmar waitress for the next 10 years. I'd rather hustle, be poor but still have the time to do the things i wanna do. Time is after all more valuable than money. Money you can find but time, once passed will never be conquered.

Hopefully i'll be wiser and more chilled. More experienced and 5 kg heavier. lol. Life by then would be simple and meaningful. They say as you grow older, you'll see the bigger picture. Maybe i won't fret on petty things anymore.

Everything happens for a reason but it's not fair to say i wanna go with the flow if I don't have a goal. Because then, the flow wouldn't have any direction. The flow might just flow in circles.

I'm taking things easy now. I have a dream and it's ok to dream big but i know i have to do something about it and i believe if i want something so badly and put enough dedication and focus to it, it will come true.

I'm not so keen on spending the rest of my life away from home. Malaysia is my country and i'm proud of it. The people here might have a different mindset and our culture is variant but it's where my blood bleeds. I love my country and eventhough it's not first world and it's not perfect, we shouldn't take things for granted. However, i do want to experience working abroad for a couple of years. Just to get a different insight on other cultures and what not.

10 years shall pass with a blink of an eye. Let's make it worth it and touch up those sprouting baby grey hair.

No comments: